300 N. Loraine 3rd floor Midland, TX 79702
The city secretary's office performs the following services:
- Responsible for all records documenting decisions/actions of the City Council (resolutions, ordinances, original contracts). Maintain a current City Code of Ordinances.
- Keep minutes of City Council proceedings.
- Manage city elections and related activities.
- Responsible for city's records management program, including development / maintenance of records retention schedules for all departments.
- Handle permits / licensing for alcoholic beverage sales, taxicab operations, and junk / secondhand good dealers.
- Track membership of all City Boards/Commissions; notify Council of term expirations, vacancies and new applicants.